Are you a fan of live music? How about outdoor concerts? If you said yes to both, consider attending Celebrate Brooklyn this summer. Held at the Prospect Park Bandshell, this free concert series features performances by some of the biggest names in music. From classic funk groups to high-energy hip-hop artists, there’s truly something for everyone! Here are some of the things you’ll see at the festival this year.
Learn more about the Celebrate Brooklyn 2017 lineup and other upcoming events when you download our free vacation guide. It’s full of recommendations for fun things to do during your stay with At Home In Brooklyn!
The Celebrate Brooklyn 2017 Lineup & More
Celebrate Brooklyn was established in 1979 to bring people back to Prospect Park. The park had endured years of neglect, and the festival quickly turned it into one of the city’s most beloved attractions. To date, Celebrate Brooklyn has presented over 2,000 artists and ensembles – bringing more than 250,000 people to Brooklyn each summer.
Each Celebrate Brooklyn concert is held at the Prospect Park Bandshell, a scenic amphitheater that was designed in 1865. The bandshell hosts a variety of open-air entertainment including live concerts, movie screenings, and full-scale theater productions. The best part? Many events are free to the public!
Whether it’s an indie-rock band or a local orchestra, catching a Celebrate Brooklyn show will be the highlight of your summer. This year’s lineup features an eclectic mix of both established and emerging artists in an array of styles and genres. Some of the most anticipated performances include jazz legend Pharoah Sanders, soul singer ￼Musiq Soulchild, and indie-rock outfit Whitney. View the full performance schedule below and check the event calendar for updates.
- 6/7: Lake Street Dive
- 6/10: Alice Smith | Bilal | Kris Bowers￼
- 6/17: Lisa Loeb with the Knights
- 6/22: Yeasayer | Poliça | Cymbals Eat Guitars
- 6/23: Pharoah Sanders | Brooklyn Raga Massive: Coltrane Tribute
- 6/24: The Soul Rebels featuring Talib Kweli | Pharoahe Monch & Kirk Knight | Goapele | ￼Natasha Diggs
- 6/29: Lila Downs | Orkesta Mendoza
- 6/30: Garth Fagan Dance￼
- 7/6: Pilobolus￼
- 7/7: ￼Musiq Soulchild | People’s Champs
- 7/8: Chronixx | Chop & Quench | Laolu NYC
- 7/13: Robert Randolph & The Family Band | Eric Krasno
- 7/14: Quantic (Live) | Tei Shi | Álex Anwandter￼
- 7/15: ￼￼Ben L’oncle Soul | Sweet Crude
- 7/21: Amadou & Mariam | Innov Gnawa | Ahmed Gallab Dj Set￼
- 7/22: Mashrou’ Leila | Dawn Of Midi | Dj Khatir
- 7/27: ￼Maciste All’inferno with Live Score By Sexmob | Reverend Billy & The Stop Shopping￼ Choir
- 7/28: Andrew Bird | Esperanza Spalding
- 7/29: Admiral T | Tabou Combo ￼| Dj Spike T.I.
- 8/3: Béla Fleck & The Flecktones | Nellie Mckay Fre
- 8/4: Creed with Live Score By Wordless Music Orchestra | Frank Haye & The Brooklyn Interdenominational Choir
- 8/5: ￼Nels Cline: Lovers | Sam Amidon
- 8/10: Selma With Live Score By Jason Moran & Wordless Music Orchestra | Brooklyn United ￼Marching Band
- 8/11: Whitney | Weyes Blood | Moses Sumney
- 8/12: Youssou N’dour | Yacouba Sissoko
Book Your Stay with At Home In Brooklyn
Now that you know about the Celebrate Brooklyn 2017 lineup, it’s time to start planning your trip to New York! Our bed and breakfast overlooks Prospect Park and is the perfect place to relax post-show. You’ll enjoy comfortable guestrooms, luxurious amenities, and attentive service throughout your stay. We even offer a delicious continental breakfast each morning! Visit our accommodations page to see what’s available and contact us to make your reservations. We look forward to having you!
Find out how you can save on your trip to New York with our vacation specials.