Since 2010, food trucks have become a staple in Brooklyn, New York. Somehow everything tastes better when it’s served from one of those little windows! If you want to sample cuisines from around the world at some of the city’s best food trucks, plan a trip to the Prospect Park Food Truck Rally. It’s held at Grand Army Plaza and takes place once a month from June through October. Whether you’re meeting up with friends or enjoying a casual date, the Food Truck Rally is perfect for a Sunday outing in the city! Here are some of the things you’ll see there.
Spend a Day at the Prospect Park Food Truck Rally
With different vendors and menus available each weekend, there’s always something new to try at the Prospect Park Food Truck Rally. Trucks in attendance include DUB Pies, Carpe Donut NYC, Kimchi Taco Truck, Brooklyn Organic Coffee & Tea Truck, Papaya King, Gorilla Cheese NYC, Carl’s Steaks, and many more.
Tips for Your Visit
- Go early. Lines for the food trucks can be long, so try to get to the event as soon as possible. You can spend as little as fifteen minutes or as much as an hour and a half at the Food Truck Rally. Many people meet friends there and hang around in lines trying different items. The event kicks off at 11 a.m. and continues until 5 p.m.
- Explore Grand Army Plaza. Did you know that Grand Army Plaza was designed in 1867? This historic park features a number beautiful landmarks and hosts a wide variety of events throughout the year! Read our blog for details.
- Grab a blanket. There are no picnic tables at the Rally, so most people chow down while standing up. You can also pack up your food and enjoy a relaxing picnic in the grass in Prospect Park.
- Know where to “go”. Guests are welcome to use the bathrooms in the Brooklyn Public Library Central Branch, which is located just across the street from the Food Truck Rally. It’s usually open from 1 to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
- Bring some green. Food Truck Rally food isn’t cheap – it’s gourmet fast food! Be sure to plan your budget accordingly.
Book Your Stay with At Home In Brooklyn
Now that you know all about the Prospect Park Food Truck Rally, it’s time to start planning your trip! Our Park Slope bed and breakfast is the perfect place to unwind after a long day of indulging. You’ll enjoy comfortable guestrooms, luxurious amenities, and attentive service throughout your stay. We even offer a delicious continental breakfast each morning! Visit our accommodations page to see what’s available and contact us to make your reservations. We look forward to having you!
Want to experience more of Brooklyn’s eclectic food scene?
Read our blog about the Williamsburg Smorgasburg!