Are you the type of person who can’t start your day without a cup of coffee? Then a trip to Park Slope in Brooklyn, New York, should be in your plans! This historic neighborhood is home to countless coffee shops and cafes, each offering its own style, menu, and ambiance. Whether you’re a serious coffee drinker or a toddler-toting parent, these Park Slope coffee shops have just what you need to wake up. Here are some of our favorites.
The Top 5 Park Slope Coffee Shops
- Postmark Cafe: For delicious, well-priced coffee in a cozy atmosphere, look no further than the Postmark Cafe on 6th Street. This small two-room store offers a variety of beverages and baked goods. It’s also a part of the Church of Park Slope and hosts special events throughout the year like art shows, fundraisers, and open mic nights. The baristas even donate their tips to different charities of choice!
- Café Grumpy: Café Grumpy on 7th Avenue is appropriately named after how most of us feel in the morning. It’s a simple, no-frills coffee shop that features rich espresso, creamy flat whites, and full-bodied coffee. Guests can grab a cup to go or stay and chat at the espresso bar.
- Cafe Martin: If you’re looking for a great place to unplug, head to Cafe Martin on 5th Ave. This classic coffee shop doesn’t even have WiFi – just a relaxed atmosphere and fantastic coffee. Not sure what to order? Cafe Martin boasts the best espresso in the ‘Slope.
- Cafe Regular Du Nord: A colorful mural and beautiful French décor make Cafe Regular Du Nord anything but ordinary. This Euro-style cafe transports you to the streets of Paris with great lattes and flaky pastries. Feel free to stop by the shop at 158 Berkeley Place and sip your coffee in a window seat or on the terrace out front.
- Hungry Ghost: Located in Prospect Heights, Hungry Ghost Coffee Bar and Cafe is just a short drive from Park Slope. This shop is known for meticulously preparing single origin coffees, serving iced coffee on tap, and roasting their espresso right in Brooklyn with Stumptown Coffee Roasters. Check out their menu for a full list of sandwiches, pastries, and drinks.
Book Your Stay with At Home In Brooklyn!
Now that you know about some of the most popular Park Slope coffee shops, it’s time to start planning your trip! Book your stay at our bed and breakfast for easy access to the best Brooklyn coffee in town. Our inn has everything you need for an unforgettable getaway, including comfortable guest rooms and luxurious amenities. We even offer guests a delicious continental breakfast each morning! Visit our accommodations page to see what’s available and contact us to book your stay. We look forward to having you!
Find out how you can save on your trip to Brooklyn with our vacation specials!
Photo Credit: Eva-Katalin | Getty Images