With its pungent smell, rich flavor, and fabulous mind-clearing abilities, coffee is a quintessential part of daily life for most New Yorkers. In fact, studies show that city residents consume more coffee per capita than anywhere else in the country! Each morning, locals from every borough flock to coffee shops, cafes, and even fast food restaurants to wait in line for their morning fix. This is especially true in Brooklyn, New York, where the coffee-brewing saviors open up shop at the crack of dawn and help customers start their day. The next time you stay with At Home In Brooklyn, grab a cup of authentic Brooklyn coffee at one of these fantastic roasters in town.
The Top 6 Brooklyn Coffee Cafes
- Brooklyn Roasting Company: With three eco-friendly locations in Brooklyn and one in Manhattan, Brooklyn Roasting Company is one of the most popular cafes in the area. The company uses only Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance, and certified organic coffee and espresso and makes an effort to utilize recycled materials and refurbished equipment. Feel free to stop in for a fresh pastry and some good old-fashioned friendliness.
- Breukelen Coffee House: Since 2009, Breukelen has been serving up delicious coffees, teas, and baked goods on Franklin Ave in Brooklyn. They even have a seasonal food menu that includes delicious eats like sandwiches, quiche, and fresh salads, all made with locally-sourced ingredients.
- Toby’s Estate Coffee: This gourmet Brooklyn coffee shop was named one of the Best Cafes in NYC in 2016 and offers way more than your average cup of Joe! Here, visitors can take public or private classes to learn how to master the art of coffee brewing, then enjoy a delicious breakfast in their spacious and sunny cafe in Williamsburg.
- Blue Bottle Coffee: Featuring a training lab, roasting facility, kitchen, and coffee storage, this upscale cafe is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. The building was constructed in 1910 and features a variety of vintage roasting devices for guests to admire. All of their coffee is ground and prepared to order, and they even offer free public coffee cupping on Fridays at 12:30 PM.
- Café Grumpy: Appropriately named after how most of us feel in the morning, Cafe Grumpy will have you coming back for more. This joint maintains direct relationships with their producing partners around the world and serves guests delicious cups of coffee from their flagship shop in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, as well as at six other retail locations in New York.
- Bedford Hill Coffee Bar: Serving coffee and breakfast in the morning and beer, wine, and sake later in the day, Bedford Hill Coffee Bar truly has something for everyone. Enjoy delicious eats and a beverage of your choosing Monday through Sunday from 7 AM to 12 AM, and be sure to stop over for happy hour from 4 to 10.
Enjoy a Cup with At Home In Brooklyn!
Before you start planning your trip to New York, be sure to book your stay at our Brooklyn bed and breakfast! Overlooking beautiful Prospect Park, our inn offers guests a delicious continental breakfast each morning made with fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Feel free to sit outside and enjoy bagels and lox, a cup of coffee, and the New York Times, then get ready for an afternoon of adventure in the city. We can’t wait to see where the day takes you!
Photo Credit: yktr | Thinkstock